What We Do
The Historic Alexandria Foundation believes that buildings provide an essential link to the past, reminding us of who we are and where we came from. Incorporated in 1954, the Historic Alexandria Foundation mission is to educate, advocate and preserve.
As a charitable foundation, we are a major advocate for, and participant in, the thoughtful and meaningful preservation and rehabilitation of historic buildings. We have helped protect and preserve hundreds of irreplaceable buildings. We also advocate for preservation by urging policy makers, developers and citizens to consider the value of historic buildings. The Foundation office is located in the historic Crilley Warehouse at 218 North Lee St., Suite 310.