2007 & 2008 HAF Plaque Award Summaries
226 North Fairfax Street
Constructed in 1894, this two-story, three-bay, brick townhouse has Italianate decorative detailing, including dentil molding, two stringcourses, and one-over-one windows with arched lintels.
913 King Street
Constructed in 1888, this two-story, three bay, brick townhouse is a fine example of Queen Anne architectural characteristics with an asymmetrical façade, a projecting bay, decorative brick patterning ornamenting the segmental arches over the one-over-one windows and doorway, as well as terra cotta tiles encircling the doorway.
303 North Washington Street
Constructed in the Federal style in 1808, this three-story, three bay, frame townhouse has a stone and brick foundation. The austere, geometric facade features a row of small windows on the floor line of the third level below a low-pitched metal roof and dentil molding. A two-story brick flounder was added to the rear in 1852.
406 Wolfe Street
The main block of this two-story, three-bay, frame gable-roofed house was constructed ca. 1798. Clad with wide lapped siding, the building features six-over-six windows, and a Federal style door with a single-light transom. Additions in the rear were constructed in 1965, 1990, and 2000.
209 Duke Street
Constructed in 1896, this two-story, three-bay brick house, with two-over-two windows, was constructed for John T. Callahan. It has a main (south) façade of pressed brick with a stepped brick entablature, a wood cornice, and segmental arched window and door surrounds with decorative headers. It retains its original cast-iron front stoop.
220 South Fairfax Street
Constructed ca. 1880, this three-story, three-bay brick house was constructed by builder Robert Hall. Its main (west) façade of pressed brick features two-over-two windows with segmental-arched window surrounds, Italianate decorative brackets under a wide cornice and an Italianate hooded doorway. It retains its original cast-iron front stoop.
208 North Royal Street
Constructed ca. 1800 with a flounder addition ca. 1850, this three-story, three-bay, brick house was possibly constructed (or enlarged) by Jess Owen, then sold to John Patton in 1803. It has 12/12 windows with lintels of Aquia stone on the first and second stories, wood lintels over 4/8 windows on the third story, a Federal style dentilated cornice, and a gable roof.
110 North Patrick Street
Constructed ca. 1812, this two-story, three-bay brick house with gable roof, was constructed by Bolitha Laws; an earlier flounder was probably on the property by 1750s. It has nine-over-nine windows with Federal-style stone lintels with keystone and a dormer on main (east) façade. The house has a two-story frame addition dating ca. 1930.